Shipping & Receiving Clerk
RR Donnelley Chaska has an immediate opening in their warehouse for a Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
Position information: Monday through Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm
This person will perform manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around.
- Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes.
- May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
- May require operation of a forklift truck.
- And other duties as assigned
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Team player
- Intermediate Computer skills
- Good Customer service skills
- Ability to lift up to 45 pounds occasionally
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds randomly
- Ability to read and understand both written and verbal instructions
- Detail orientated
- Previous Warehouse experience required
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience a plus but not required
- FedEx/UPS Software management experience a plus but not required