Shipping & Receiving Clerk
- Performs manual and clerical duties related to the preparation and shipment of customer samples, components and finished products mailed primarily through Fed Ex, UPS, USPS or other similar carrier.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation.
- Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and primarily use hand trucks to move materials around.
- Typical shipping activities include: checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations, packing goods for shipment according to specifications, preparing bills of lading, posting weight and shipping charges and attach information and shipping instructions on to boxes.
- May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Job requires ability to exert 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Standing constantly (over 2/3 of time), walking frequently (1/3 to 2/3 of time)
- 1-2 years experience in shipping & receiving
- Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Must be able to work assigned shift
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays when necessary to meet product demand