Bindery Light Equipment Operator
RR Donnelley Shakopee has 2 immediate openings for Bindery Light Equipment operator.
Position information: Monday through Friday 6am to 2pm
The inspector/Light Equipment Operator will operate offline and auxiliary binding, finishing, and mail production equipment, including inserters, inkjet addressing, tabbing and other Bindery duties. This role will aslo perform the quality inspection process as directed by management.
- Interpret required print specifications from the work order and compare to finished mail piece to determine accuracy and quality of work.
- Operate barcode scanner and other postal devices for checking finished mail
- Select products for inspection at specified stages in production process on a daily basis
- Recommend modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimum quality.
- Record production issues and resolution in turnover metrics, QC logs and other checklists as assigned
- Comply with safety rules and regulations at all times
- Knowledge of how to set up and adjust machines and equipment for production runs.
- Clean, lubricate and maintain equipment to ensure its optimum operation.
- May troubleshoot issues and submit requests for maintenance as needed.
- And other duties as assigned
Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment. Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment. Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Must be able to work as a team and also individually
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to read and interpret both written and verbal instructions
- Must be able to stand 8 hours a day
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds occassionaly
- Prior quality/inspection experience
- Good verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work overtime, including weekends if needed.