Shipping & Receiving Associate
- Performs manual and clerical duties related receiving vendor materials through FedEx, UPS, USPS or other carriers.
- Maintain necessary files and documentation utilizing an internal customized computer program(s).
- Must have a basic knowledge of and experience working with Microsoft Excel.
- Utilizes small hand tools and operate scales, metering machines, etc. and use hand trucks, fork lifts and pallet jacks to move materials around.
- Typical receiving activities include:
- Checking goods against shipping documents and authorizations
- Packing goods and returns for shipment according to specifications
- Resolving discrepancies of receivable documents
- Labeling product with proper job and or product number(s)
- Stocking and organizing materials
- Weekly documented inventory control
- Available for weekend work when necessary
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws , including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
- Lifting of cartons and other packages weighing 50 pounds.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a shipping and or receiving environment.
- Understanding of UPS and FedEx shipping software is preferred.
- May occasionally perform activities related to the receiving materials such as unpacking of goods; checking against bills of lading, packing slips, etc., identification and quantity; maintaining records of goods received; rejects damaged, excess or misdirected goods, routes material to inspection, stores or other destinations.
- Requires forklift certification for loading and unloading of truck freight as well as moving product internally.
- May perform other duties as assigned.