Picker/Packer - Kitting
Los Angeles, CA•
- Follow detailed procedures to perform routine packing work.
- Pick and package a variety of printed materials or print related items that require a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Place, arrange, mark, seal, and tag items on pallets and in containers, bins, and bulk storage.
- Consolidate various items for shipment in accordance with standard operating instructions.
- Assemble finished products into boxes or containers for shipping. Count and sort various product items.
- Perform related tasks such as placing labels on packages, putting manuals into binders, and handling boxes for final product.
- Ensure accurate shipping information is attached and packages are shipped according to specified schedule.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Skill in reading specifications and identifying the correct parts for fulfilling customer orders.
- Knowledge of routine packing procedures, techniques, equipment, and basic warehouse procedures.
- Skill in using a limited variety of packing procedures and techniques.
- Knowledge of shipping documents and ability to identify shipping requirements and procedures for specific items using manual or automated processes.
- Skill in completing manual and computerized forms and shipping documents regarding stock description, units of issue, weight, quantity, and labeling requirements for incoming and outgoing materials and equipment.
- Requires basic arithmetic and standard formulas to determine size and volume of packing containers and materials.
- Skill in assembling standard shipping boxes and packing contents securely.
RRD will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Ordinance.