Manufacturing Supervisor (2nd/3rd shift)
Supervises and directs the activities of 2nd and 3rd shift employees in manufacturing area of expertise to ensure accurate and seamless operations within the organization and across shifts, department, and with vendors. Uses sound management principles and techniques to manage and develop talent, skills, and processes.
- Manages day to day operations of all equipment and personnel to meet the production schedule, deadline changes and updates.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient planning and scheduling of jobs and personnel, while continually building sales and maintaining local profit goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with employees, suppliers, and customers.
- Holds leads accountable for production goals, high quality and meeting customer expectations.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and delivers positive and negative feedback including corrective action. Oversee employee discipline and ensure that all actions are fair and non-discriminatory.
- Motivates and provides support and training to production team to ensure overall customer satisfaction, quality service, commitment to continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Responsible for the quality of all work, abiding by quality standards and supporting documentation of and adherence to such practices.
- Ensures the training of and adherence to all standard operation procedures. Help processes develop and control process level procedures.
- Promotes safe working conditions through equipment maintenance and housekeeping, as well as ensure safety practices are followed.
- Maintains effective and timely completion of projects and duties as requested, and ability to perform all management functions when necessary.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a manufacturing supervisor, preferably for a Packaging facility. Experience in production scheduling and bindery required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization are required.
- A professional appearance and demeanor that reflects a positive company image. A positive attitude with a strong ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- A primary focus on quality, maintenance, throughput and profitability.
- Strong mechanical skills as it relates to the pressroom and/or bindery
- A very good understanding of internal and external customer expectations.
- A self-directed work ethic with the ability to develop and track measurements leading to process improvement.
- A proactive business approach with a strong sense of urgency. Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer systems is required including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and email systems). Web-based program experience is a plus. Demonstrated comfort and ability to learn and leverage new systems is a plus.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and/or weekends.