Manager - Customer Service
AGS of White Plains, Maryland is in search of a Customer Service Manager with printing industry experience.
Responsible for the day-to-day direction and coordination of activities for Customer Service Representatives in a full service commercial printing plant. Ensuring that the highest levels of customer service are achieved by maintaining effective communications with customers, sales, planning and scheduling, pre-press and various other departments. Must have working experience in the commercial printing industry.
- Position is responsible for managing all aspects of the Customer Service Department.
- Directly supervises the customer service department employees.
- Responds to customer inquiries regarding status of orders, service and repairs; investigates and resolves critical production, shipping and scheduling problems; provides special pricing for non-standard items; and interfaces with key customers to resolve problems or discrepancies.
- Focuses on understanding both the customer needs and the ability of the company to offer solutions for building and maintaining long-term relationships.
- Responsible for transitioning business from sales to manufacturing; developing production and service solutions that best fit the company as well as the customer.
- Partners with manufacturing departments to identify process improvements.
- May coordinate staff involved in a combination of activities such as order processing, consumer relations, sales support, reviewing warranty claims and problems, processing customer returns and exchanges and expediting service and repairs.
- Manages effective communication between customers, manufacturing and sales.
- Balances customer and company needs, resulting in strong customer relationships.
- Monitors processes to eliminate bottlenecks in order entry.
- Plans and coordinates customer visits.
- Must understand customers profitability and work to identify manufacturing and process improvements.
- Demonstrates administrative control of transactional workflow within Hagen, WCSS and WBS-Lite environments for proper customer billing and revenue recognition
Required Skills & Experience:
- Qualified candidate will have 5 to 7 years experience in customer service in commercial print with emphasis on sheet fed printing, and a minimum of 2 to 3 years experience in a management position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Arts or Related field or 4 plus years work experience in Graphic Arts Industry/Commercial Print Production.
- Must have a proven ability and knowledge of, and experience in commercial print to effectively manage communications between customers, production and sales.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer