Business Development Associate I
Business Development Associate I
Van Andel Institute (VAI) is an independent nonprofit biomedical research and science education organization located in the heart of downtown Grand Rapids, MI, vibrant Medical Mile. In our short 22-year existence, we have grown into a premier research and educational institution that supports the work of more than 450 scientists, educators, and staff. We are an agile institute known for breaking down barriers that hold innovation captive.
Collaboration is one of VAI’s founding principles. We employ a highly interactive group of investigators, and the open environment of the Institute’s building promotes informal and spontaneous collaborations. Additionally, the Institute maintains numerous ongoing local, regional, national, and international partnerships with researchers and clinicians.
That is where you come in. We are seeking to add an individual to our Business Development team.
What you’ll do:
You’ll be responsible for working closely with VAI scientists and external partners to develop an understanding of research program synergies.
Your focus will be to develop relationships and seek out new project opportunities around VAI researchers, capabilities, technologies, and intellectual property.
You will provide operational support to the Office of Technology Development and Department of Business Development / Technology Transfer in the identification, drafting, negotiation, recording, and monitoring of agreements.
What will qualify you for this role?
- A Bachelor’s degree, though a Master’s degree would be preferred, in Business Administration or equivalent degree/experience required.
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience in an academic, research, or other comparable environments.
- Knowledge of technology transfer or business development activities.
You should also be a person with the following traits and characteristics:
- A highly motivated individual, strong performer, and dedicated.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Problem solving and resolution, research acumen, and analytical skills.
- Detail-oriented and customer service oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to deal effectively and confidentially with difficult situations and with individuals at all organizational levels.
What you will get when you work here:
All full-time employees of Van Andel Institute are eligible for benefits, effective day one! In addition, you can enjoy the onsite café, the onsite workout facility, various social events, and paid parking.
We also will offer a very competitive salary, and this will be based on your experience and skills.
Does this sound like you? Let’s begin the conversation!
Apply by providing your resume. A cover letter is not mandatory, but it is very welcome, as we’d love to understand a little bit better why you are interested in joining VAI.
This position will be open until filled and we will be reviewing applications on an ongoing basis. If you have any difficulty uploading your application or any questions, please email Eric Miller at email@example.com.
This position is located at 333 Bostwick Avenue NE, Grand Rapids, MI. View the Google Map in full screen.