Mayordomo Mecánico / Mecanical Foreman
This job leads and supervises the safety & quality work to the Union workers on Service track, road and yard Locomotive attentions. Ensures the daily and scheduled Inspections duties will be done in accordance with the Company work scopes and FRA/SCT/AAR/Other Government Authorities regulations and OEM specifications, coordination with the Transportation MLU & CCO for the consist preparation for the trains assignation in accordance with the TSP.
Uses highly developed specialized skills to complete a wide range of tasks and procedures. Generates innovative solutions to complex processes or problems. Proposes improvements to processes. Delivers work, which directly impacts quality of team output to agreed timescales, service levels or similar metric.
- Supervises the Unionized craftsmen (Universal Qualified Operators and Qualified Operators) in the execution for Locomotive daily inspections, 92 days scheduled inspections, minor repairs, on service interruption attention, documenting the inspection formats, for ensuring the daily operation and security conditions.
- Manages the Daily Inspection Center/Service track personnel, equipment, tools and installations.
- Prepares the locomotives consist sets, accordingly the strategic TSP, execution in coordination with NOC and MLU Departments.
- Checks the diesel fuel supply, requesting the dispatch tickets, for ensuring the supply according to each unit destination and capacity.
- Keeps the proper inventory levels of diesel fuel, lube oil, sand and water.
- Manages the warehouse inventory parts for Locomotive inspection, and repairs.
- Coordinates with the local Transportation staff and NOC, MLU and MAC desk for the Locomotive failures attention and scheduled inspection program to address the locomotives on time.
- Attends the SCT verification visits in his locality.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant operations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Specialist knowledge of one or more disciplines of railroad operations
- Medium command of English.
- Mechanics, electricity and pneumatic knowledge
- People Management
- Basic Railroad knowledge
- Basic Computer system usage
- Shows a sense of urgency, focuses on specific and challenging objectives.
- Planning, productivity and quality skills to uses resources efficiently.
- Commitment and sense of responsibility to achieve quality results.
- Respond adequately to situations of stress.
- Able to alternate work shifts.