Coordinación de Planeación y Control / Analyst Financial
Accounting and Finance
This position supports coordination and execution of budget control, rolling forecast, decision support and reporting, as well as expense and variance analysis to KCS Operations teams. Key responsibilities include hands on site visits consisting of interviews with field, observations of process flows, operating processes and procedures. Visits are then followed up by analysis and strategic proposals to increase efficiency and drive cost savings. The position will act as a facilitator to present to and educate the field on financial matters.
This position performs complex financial and business-related analyses, research, and trending. It is accountable for projects that are highly visible to management and internal/external clients and that typically have a substantial impact to the company's bottom line and revenue generation (e.g., may be involved with projects related to new business opportunities, mergers, and/or acquisitions). This role conducts basic studies in a variety of areas including organizational effectiveness, capacity utilization, operating cost containment, and profitability.
Works independently and receives minimal guidance. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Leads projects with moderate scope, risks, and resource requirements. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Develops and manages operational initiatives to deliver tactical results.
- Acts as a spokesperson to help the operating teams to achieve operating goals; looks for ways to lower company costs and become more efficient.
- Supports division level inquiries and requests for information.
- Performs field work and acts as a consultant to field operations to enhance operator results.
- Educates operations teams on all things financial; transfers knowledge to support them in managing the business and making sound decisions as financial stewards of the company.
- Creates driver metrics to help operations teams to make timely decisions and prevent unnecessary expenses from recurring.
- Leads failure analysis efforts and development of corrective action plans with field operators. This includes Business Objects, MCS reports and inquiries, LMS/SAP inquiries and reports, and geographic/terminal based management reporting.
- Understands labor relations basics and works to provide improved labor balancing and optimization scenarios.
- Acts as operations advocate and facilitator with Finance/Accounting, Human Resources, Purchasing, and IT.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college, preferably in a job related major field of study
- Minimum five (5) years of relevant professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Railroad experience preferred
- Experience in both operations and a financial discipline is beneficial
- Activitiy based costing experience