Coordinador de Taller / Mechanical Maintenance Mgr
This job is responsible for the maintenance, scheduled repair, and unscheduled repair of KCSR / KCSM locomotive fleet to ensure locomotives are safely maintained in a quality and cost effective manner. This position is responsible for responding and managing locomotive service interruptions within the terminal and on mainline, and managing special projects in support of locomotive operations; day to day personnel management; executing mechanical objectives to support shop and terminal production goals, and ensuring all work is being performed within company guidelines, ensuring work scopes and periodic inspections are completed per OEM / KCSM standards, safety rules, and SCT, FRA, and AAR standards.
Acts as a team lead and coordinates the work of others, supervising the daily activities of operations team members. Applies and enforces guidelines to ensure compliance and equitable application of policies, procedures, practices, programs, processes, and systems and makes suggestions for continued improvement or increased efficiencies. Delivers operational results that align with department commitments. Plans and prioritizes work to meet team commitments. Provides timely and constructive coaching and feedback; develops staff and provides challenging opportunities.
- Manages the safety plan for SLP Locomotive facility.
- Manages locomotive operations including; shop, terminal, service track and line of road operations.
- Monitors safety, quality and production performance in shop, terminal and service track.
- Communicates with appropriate parties of all aspects of shop, terminal and service track capacity, daily plan and shift turnover documentation to ensure plan execution (conference calls, schedule adjustments, staging plans, terminal interaction, inspection and other duties as assigned.
- Manages locomotive shop dwell, locomotive reliability, and locomotive availability to KCS standards.
- Works with transportation team to develop operation plan and ensure all SLA are met meet train schedule compliance.
- Audits equipment reports daily, and inspect equipment on a regular basis to ensure compliance.
- Ensures compliance with KCS RR and equal employment policies, safety and operating rules, schedule agreements, attendance guidelines, and Government regulations.
- Exemplifies KCS Vision, Values, and Culture in each and every interaction with team, clients, and stakeholders.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum two (2) years of relevant operations experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 1 year proven managerial experience in managing/leading union and management employees