Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor of Humanities to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
FSW is an open-enrollment institution with a diverse student body, four campuses in the Gulf Coast area, and an art gallery bearing Robert Rauschenberg’s name. FSW is a cultural center for the southwest Florida area. This position is based on our Hendry Glades campus in LaBelle Florida. We are seeking dynamic candidates committed to teaching and to fostering a community of intellectual engagement, ethically-minded inquiry, and creative exploration. Candidates must be comfortable working with students from varying economic, ethnic, linguistic, religious and academic backgrounds.
Teaching responsibilities encompass general education introductory survey courses in the humanities as well as introductions organized around special humanities topics. Candidates should demonstrate mastery of humanities content from across the ages within the Western tradition, should be conversant in cultural studies and visual analysis, and must be able to guide students in beginning college composition. Ideal candidates will show a willingness to mentor students as well as to collaborate with fellow faculty in promoting the essential value of humanities education within a contemporary global society.
Please include a cover letter, CV, Teaching Philosophy, and sample syllabi. There is a 10MB file size maximum on each attachment.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the teaching discipline or a master’s degree with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- Demonstrated ability to use technology in creating and delivering course content
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught and currency in the discipline
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Anticipated start date: August 17, 2020
Application end date: April 1, 2020
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.