Professor, Digital Art and Creative Technologies
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Professor, Digital Art and Creative Technologies to join our team of exceptional faculty. As an FSW faculty member, you have the opportunity to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
The School of Arts Humanities and Social Sciences at Florida SouthWestern State College seeks an interdisciplinary artist/designer who works at the intersection of art, design, and technology. This position will be integral to developing a new and quickly expanding digital arts program. The ideal candidate will energetically bring diverse ideas about educating technological creatives for an ever-changing future. Areas of intellectual and artistic exploration may include but not limited to activist art, interdisciplinary art, and internet culture.
FSW is an open-enrollment institution with a diverse student body, four campuses in the Gulf Coast area, and home of Bob Rauschenberg Gallery www.RauschenbergGallery.com. We are seeking dynamic candidates committed to teaching and mentoring to fostering creative exploration, conceptual thinking and interdisciplinary collaboration. Candidates must be comfortable working with students from varying economic, ethnic, linguistic, religious and academic backgrounds.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
Please include a link to a selection of artworks (max 20 image/video files) as well as a link to samples of student work (max 20 image/video files) as part of your cover letter, CV, Artist Statement, Teaching Philosophy, and sample syllabi. There is a 10MB file size maximum on each attachment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Doctoral or master's degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in digital art, digital design, or creative technologies with a concentration in the teaching discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester credit hours in the teaching discipline)
- The ability to teach communication design and digital media with an emphasis on both fine art and commercial art.
- Demonstrate expertise in one or more areas: emerging technologies, digital fabrication, physical computing, performance, VR/AR, graphic design, installation art, interactivity, web design, internet art, music, and video.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Anticipated Start Date: August 17, 2020
Accepting Applications Through: April 1, 2020
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.