Instructor, Firefighter Program
Temp. - Short-Term Employment
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Instructor, Firefighter Program in the School of Health Professions to join our exceptional team of professionals for the upcoming academic year. This position provides instructional support and supervision to students in various settings for the School of Health Professions.
This is responsible professional work in providing instruction for students in the Firefighter Minimum Standards Certificate Program sponsored by Florida SouthWestern State College School of Health Professions in partnership with the North Naples Fire Control and Rescue District, to directly impact the college mission to inspire our students to 'Dedicate to Graduate'.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Holds and maintains a minimum of the Florida State Certified Firefighter II and Florida Fire Service Instructor I certifications.
- Substantial full-time professional experience as a Florida State certified firefighter with advanced training in Fire Service Instruction.
- Proficient of health information management and technology skills, related to the discipline’s clinical setting.
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of the subject area to be taught and currency in the discipline
Work Conditions/Physical Demands/Special Conditions
Physical: Routinely requires the ability to see, hear, and speak. Routinely requires sitting, bending, stooping, walking. On occasion, incumbents may be required to lift 20 or more pounds.
Environmental: Normal general office.
Mental: Routinely requires the ability to interpret, analyze and perform critical thinking skills.
FSW Perks for Clinical Associates:
- Ability to participate in a 403(b) retirement plan
- Ability to participate in various Wellness Initiatives
- Access to a variety of BUCS Perks offering discounts at numerous local businesses and vendors
This is not an Online position. Our locations offer you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.