Exmark Manufacturing (a division of The Toro Company) is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our dynamic engineering team. Exmark is one of the leading manufacturers of commercial turf care equipment in the U.S. and is located in Beatrice, NE. Along with a great place to work with a great team, we also offer a very competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
To make available to product development teams computer aided tools, processes, systems and resources to enhance engineering's ability to develop and maintain products. Lead, develop and direct product development process technology using state of the art tools for the enterprise. Provides or assures that day-to-day system administrative tasks are completed, such as back-ups, plotter problems, administration of storage space, resolution of software bugs, monthly archive and offsite back-up, annual file house cleaning. Maintain application software such as Creo Parametric and Windchill PDMLink. Develop software using Perl scripts, procedural languages such as C or Java, and database languages such as SQL.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1 . Provides or assures that day-to-day system administrative tasks are completed. Tasks include user support, file back-up, administration of storage space, resolution of software bugs, monthly archive, offsite back-up, and annual file house cleaning.
2. Works with vendors and service suppliers to maintain maximum resource up time. Diagnoses failures and initiates appropriate service procedures. Negotiates and administers service contracts. Is primary contact with vendors and service suppliers.
3. Installs new and updated releases of software. Addresses hardware failures and reloads software as required.
4. Researches, defines, and develops software to aid periodic system administration duties. Enhances computer user productivity, and provides new functionality. Software may be developed in Perl scripts, procedural languages such as C or Java, and database languages such as SQL.
5. Periodically reviews system capacity, reliability, and performance. Identifies and proposes hardware and software to meet strategic and operational requirements of the product development teams. Helps to develop a vision and set strategic direction for CAEPS
6. Investigates new technologies for applicability to Toro engineering. Tests and implements approved technologies. Provides the means for new users to become trained in the application of the new technology. Examples include: 3D and Virtual Reality software such as Vertalis
7. Participates with others in the CAEPS support team to train internal users. Develops and presents internal workshops. Evaluates potential outside training resources. Recommends appropriate alternatives.
8. A liaison with the local IT department.
9. Participates in computer user groups of companies using similar hardware and software.
10. Works with the customers of engineering data to improve the productivity of the transfer of information i.e. publications, plants, purchasing, service, advanced planning...
11. Works with product development teams to provide engineering skills e.g. analysis, prior experiences, and basic engineering problem solving techniques. As appropriate, make visits to field to understand the needs of the customer.
12. Helps with the development of departmental budgets. Exercises fiscal responsibility during the year in the purchase of equipment and supplies.
Dedication to the productivity of users is necessary. After normal hours work may be required to assure maximum up time during prime working hours. Some travel is required to remote sites, plants, customers, and user group meetings.
About The Toro Company:
With roots dating back to 1914, The Toro Company (NYSE: TTC) was built on a tradition of quality and caring relationships. Today, the company is a leading worldwide provider of innovative solutions for the outdoor environment including turf and landscape maintenance, snow and ice management, underground utility construction, rental and specialty construction, and irrigation and outdoor lighting solutions. Through a strong network of professional distributors, dealers, rental stores and retailers in more than 125 countries, we proudly offer a wide range of products across a family of global brands to help golf courses, professional contractors, underground construction professionals, groundskeepers, agricultural growers, rental companies, government and educational institutions, and homeowners – in addition to many leading sports venues and historic sites around the world. For more information please visit us at www.thetorocompany.com or www.exmark.com.