Human Resources Manager
Provide advanced level Human Resources counsel, services and support to Iron Mountain manufacturing operations to ensure a highly productive, motivated, trained and professional work force. Recommend appropriate Human Resource management actions to meet business needs while supporting the company's commitment to employees and ensuring legal compliance. Confers with divisional and corporate management in various areas such as leadership development, performance management, and change management. Position oversees all aspects of Human Resources and provides work direction as it pertains to HR-related activities.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure staffing initiatives for location are consistent with Toro philosophy and practices.
- Coordinate all phases of recruitment in conjunction with corporate Talent Acquisition team.
- Assist department managers in analyzing and preparing job descriptions when appropriate.
- Facilitate placement, transfer and promotion activity.
- Conduct exit interviews and analyze trends.
- Manage staffing plans per requirements.
- Work to develop effective long-term staffing plans to get the right people, in the right job, at the right time.
COMPENSATIONS AND BENEFITS:
- Manage salary and benefit administration in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Participate in compilation of data necessary to properly evaluate new or existing positions.
- Maintain equity in the administration and interpretation of Company pay policies.
- Ensure appropriate communications coincide with salary actions.
- Ensure effective use of the performance management system and processes.
- Advise managers on appropriate objective setting process.
- Assist managers in the use of objectives and performance reviews as coaching tools for individual development.
- Provide direction and coaching to managers/supervisors on handling employee performance issues.
- Coach employees on addressing their own performance issues.
- Monitor trends in performance within departments and advise/support managers in determining what resources/actions are required to address issues.
- Assist Plant Director in improving organizational effectiveness by analyzing department structure; studying resources and ensuring optimal utilization; assess employee climate, morale and effectiveness; and develop action steps to improve the aforementioned.
- Maintain and enhance a productive work environment by resolving employee conflicts; coaching managers on effective management and coaching techniques; and maintaining open communications with all employees.
- Investigate concerns incidental to sound and uniform Human Resources practices such as: disciplinary actions and employee complaints, provide guidance and recommendations for resolution.
- Investigate charges of discrimination, offensive behavior, etc., and recommend course of action.
- Conduct research into Human Resource programs/policies and activities and recommend changes or innovations where appropriate.
- Represent Toro in day-to-day labor/management relations.
- Facilitate grievance steps / procedures.
- Provide counsel to the Plant Director and other managers in working with union representatives on matters of contract interpretation and administration.
- Analyze text of collective bargaining agreement and develop interpretation of intent, spirit, and terms of contract.
- Manage contract disputes to include preparation for arbitration or to resolve labor charges.
- Participate and support before and after data gathering/processing for contract negotiations.
HEALTH & SAFETY:
- Support plant safety programs to ensure compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
CORPORATE CULTURE/EMPLOYEE DEVELOPMENT:
- Promote performance in excellence (PIE) philosophy through partnership with division management to maintain a positive culture and one that reflects Toro’s values.
- Assist managers in the assessment of training needs and, identifying and coordinating of training opportunities within each service group.
- Serve on and/or lead various employee committees (Employee Club, Circle of Excellence, etc.) designed to further corporate culture.
DIVISIONAL SUPPORT MANAGEMENT:
- Participate in long range planning of division to set objectives and provide counsel on matters that affect division’s HR needs.
- Maintain good public relations with various civic and welfare organizations within the community.
- Participate with the Plant Director and corporate Human Resources staff to evaluate or develop new programs.
Operations including 45+ office employees and 250+ hourly employees. Work with minimal supervision and collaborate on general HR service needs and talent acquisition with corporate service centers. Assignments are broad in nature, usually requiring originality and ingenuity. Work closely with all levels of employees in division. Operate within budget. Maintain technical and professional knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications and participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Human resources, or related field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years increasingly responsible positions in human resources.
- Minimum of three (3) years manager-level experience.
- Union labor management experience preferred.
- Experience in both business office and manufacturing setting preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, conceptual, project management, decision-making, problem solving and leadership skills required.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects concurrently and ability to prioritize.
- Excellent communication skills via in-person, by e-mail, in writing and via phone conversation
- Good facilitation skills.
- Ability to analyze and define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to respond to inquiries/complaints from employees, customers, and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to influence/persuade others and gain acceptance/approval of controversial or innovative ideas/concepts.
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications; Word, Excel & PowerPoint. SAP preferred.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.