Principal Electrical Test Engineer
Lead and coordinate the testing and agency certification for the development of new electrical product concepts, new products, or improvements to existing products across multiple product categories. Work to develop qualification test plans with design engineering and marketing. This position requires expertise in electric motor development and characterization, testing of corded and battery products. This position will require working with third -party agencies to meet certification, including but not limited to UL, CSA, and ETL.
Directs all test programs for a major product group. Develops tests, directs test and analyzes test results. Communicates results and makes recommendations to design engineering and management.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates and sets priorities for test function for product group such that test programs are thorough, complete and timely.
- Evaluates performance of prototype and production equipment in field and in the lab simulating field conditions.
- Plans, directs, and conducts field and lab testing of product and components.
- Designs and directs construction of test fixtures to simulate field use for lab performance and durability testing.
- Plans and reviews test programs, including facilities, manpower, procedure and timing.
- Works with design throughout the project (including program definition) by reviewing prototypes and designs to identify weak areas. Suggests ways to resolve problems.
- Performs and directs customer use and failure mode analysis, paying close attention to how the product may be used or abused.
- Directs and performs concept evaluations/engineering feasibility evaluations on products submitted.
- Reports results on a timely basis.
- Other duties as requested by supervisor.
Supports company Quality Policy by working within the documented Quality System. Responsible for the operation of the quality system, addresses ISO 9000 within their respective area. Participates in quality initiatives and training as needed.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics, Electrical, Aeronautical or Agricultural Engineering from an ABET accredited university required with 5-8 years’ experience demonstrating consistently outstanding performance.
- M.S. with 3-7 years and performance.
- P.E. registration desirable.
- Experience in both lab and field testing is highly desirable.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.