Staff Accountant - West Chester, PA
Founded in 2010, the Foundation for Catholic Education is a not-for-profit organization supporting the Executive Board of Elementary Education and the County Advisory Councils throughout the Archdiocese of Philadelphia. The six county Advisory Councils, working with the Executive Board of Elementary Education and the OCE, are developing local strategies and fundraising efforts for the Catholic Elementary Schools within each county.
Under the direction of the Corporate Affairs Manager, the Foundation Staff Accountant will provide high-level accounting support and coordination to the Foundation for Catholic Education. This position will be responsible for performing accounting related duties on a professional level. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently, interact with all levels in the Foundation, and other employees throughout CTDI. Candidate will possess superior organizational skills, with an exceptional commitment to accuracy, detail, and follow-up, along with an ability to work under high intensity situations when necessary. The Foundation Staff Accountant must be adept at handling sensitive and confidential information with tact and diplomacy, using good judgment and discretion
- Provide accounting support to the Foundation in an environment that requires professionalism and confidentiality.
- Prepare weekly financial reports.
- Manages sensitive and/or confidential information
- Process donor invoices and provide receipts to customers
- Ensure that all vendor invoices are processed accurately
- Manage donation contributions and ensure all scholarship payments are accurately tracked
- Manage and reconcile all Foundation Bank Accounts
- Ensure accurate accounting and deposits for all Foundation events
- Prepare critical quarter end reports to ensure all information can be accurately presented to the Foundation Board
- Prioritize projects; establish and meet deadlines; ability to multitask
- Effectively and proactively structures work priorities with minimal direction
- Proactively identifies improvements, makes recommendations, take the initiative and is able to anticipate necessary changes in the work environment.
- Pays keen attention to detail in order to deliver a high quality work product with minimal direction or review of work.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Associate Degree
- Three to five years’ experience providing accounting support to senior level staff.
- Strong understand of tax programs and ability to assist donors with questions related to tax credits
- Understanding of the Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit Program
- Attention to detail and accuracy with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Efficiently manage multiple projects and competing priorities with strong time-management skills.
- Proficient skills using MS Office with strong experience using Excel and Access
- Proficient skills using QuickBooks
- Maintains positive attitude and demonstrates the utmost in professionalism.
- The ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Completes work accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt to changing environment
- May be required to work long and unpredictable hours
This position is located at 1373 Enterprise Drive, West Chester, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.