WIC Nutrition Aide
As part of the WIC team, responsible for assisting in the certification of WIC applicants by performing the following activities: collecting income, residential and other demographic information; entering data including demographic information into the CT-WIC State software system, weighing and measuring participants, orientating participants to the program and use of the eWIC card, issuing benefits, and providing individual and group counseling on nutrition to low-risk participants over the age one.
$1 additional per hour for those who are fluent in Spanish.
- High school Diploma or GED equivalency with at least 2 years experience working in a medical office or performing clerical duties OR
- Associates degree from an accredited institution with a major in diet tech or health related program plus 1 year of work experience or currently enrolled in nutritional/health sciences plus equivalent work experience OR
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year institution with a major in foods and nutrition, community nutrition, nutrition education, nutritional sciences, health education or medical sciences
- Strong communication skills and critical thinking is a must.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of Microsoft office suite.
- Successful completion of WIC paraprofessional training program within 1 year of appointment to the position.
- Proficiency in Spanish preferred.