Early Childhood Services Manager
The Griswold and Taftville ECS Manager is responsible for providing support, coaching and resources for children presenting with developmental or behavioral challenges, children in trauma, as well as for staff and families. Assist with referrals and access to service providers. Attend PPT meetings and secure appropriate documentation. Maintain on-going files for children identified as needing support or resources for developmental or behavioral challenges. Share authorized information regarding identified children with appropriate staff. Provide assistance to staff and parents. Write behavior plans and classroom management plans. Track specific information and submit monthly reports detailing documented children. Participate in case reviews and team meetings as needed. Must have compassion and understanding for the needs of children and families from economically and culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field plus one year related work experience in an approved program, OR Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field plus three years working with families of young children, OR a combination of post-secondary education and experience equal to five years.
- Have access to reliable, insured transportation.
- Provide a TVCCA Staff Statement of Good Health statement signed by a physician, physician’s assistant, or nurse practitioner completed within twelve (12) months before the date of employment, and every twenty-four (24) months thereafter.
- Provide a written report of negative tuberculin test completed within twelve (12) months prior to the date of employment, or for a known prior reactor, no evidence of active tuberculosis on a chest x-ray.
- Must be able to lift and/or carry a child up to 50lbs.
- Continue professional development per funding.
- Minimum of 18 years of age
- The TVCCA Little Learners Early Education Program requires staff to be available from 7:00AM – 5:00PM to cover center operational hours.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with staff, parents and children.
- Read, write and perform basic math skills.
- Have basic computer skills.