Loan Documentation Specialist
Responsible for the preparation of commercial and consumer loan documentation, ensuring loans are documented as approved and in compliance with all applicable Bank policies and Federal and State banking laws and regulations.
- Reviews loan requests to ensure proper approval.
- Reviews organizational documents to verify borrower/guarantor’s existence and authority.
- Reviews searches and other supporting documentation to confirm collateral ownership and lien position.
- Verifies customer information against tax returns, the Bank’s core system and records management system.
- Coordinates with PA/Lender to resolve any issue and/or discrepancies.
- Reviews approval to determine the products to use in documentation software system and the terms to be used for the transaction.
- Processes documents using the documentation software system.
- Reviews documents prior to closing to ensure accuracy.
- Responsible for ensuring loans are in compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures and all applicable banking rules and regulations.
- Promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
- Attend seminars and meetings as appropriate.
- Participates in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and Bank goals.
- Complies with all applicable Bank policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in MS Office.
- Knowledge of the various laws and regulations governing the banking industry particularly in the commercial lending area.
- Knowledge of documentation software preferred. LaserPro is a plus.
- Working knowledge of a bank core processing system preferred. IBS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of records management systems
- Excellent oral and written communication when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills when interacting with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work within strict deadlines and meet performance targets while maintaining accuracy.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- The ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
- Local travel, as required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. A 2-year college degree preferred.
- At least two (2) years of previous banking experience in loan documentation, loan administration, loan servicing or other related area required.
- At least two (2) years commercial loan documentation experience using a documentation software system preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.