Customer Service Representative-Annuities/Life Insurance
Our associates own the relationship with our valued customers and have the rewarding responsibility of shaping the image of Penn Mutual. Individuals with a passion for service will handle a variety of in-bound calls from our clients via an 800 line and process transactions and documents. This position works under immediate supervision.
- Learn all facets of Life Insurance or Annuities and the products sold
- Handle simple to more complex in-bound calls from our clients and answer questions regarding life or annuity product and/or servicing needs
- Investigate and follow up on basic or routine questions/issues to resolve concerns in an accurate and timely manner
- Accept ownership of the interaction and provide a high caliber of service and follow-through
- Interpret each request and navigate multiple administration systems as well as our workflow and imaging tools to gain and document needed information
- Process routine financial and non-financial transactions and document records with consistent quality, attention to detail, and according to department policies and procedures
- Recommend and facilitate process changes to continuously improve the customer experience
- Adhere to Service Level of Agreements (SLAs) and individual/team metrics
- Escalate more complex issues as appropriate
- Remain current in profession and industry trends
- Comply with all company and site policies and procedures
- Responsible for adherence to the company’s framework of internal controls
- Work collaboratively and may participate on project teams
- Identify, recommend and implement ongoing process improvements
- Perform various other related duties, assignments and special projects as assigned
- Ability to work between the hours of 8am and 8pm (hours may vary)
- A customer service attitude that translates professionalism, confidence as well as a friendly approach over the phone
- Ability to comprehend and articulate information
- Execute with urgency and professionalism
- Ability to navigate multiple systems and resources
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, required
- Willingness and proven ability to work on multiple tasks and adapt to a changing work environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills – the ability to see beyond the obvious into what may be intended
- Willingness and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 0-2 years related experience
- Experience with life insurance/annuity products preferred
Salary Level = 18
All Associates Exemplify Our Penn Mutual Values:
- Acting With Integrity—We have the conscious intention to do the right thing.
- Respecting One Another—We see each other’s distinctiveness as a valued asset.
- Focusing on Relationships—We foster meaningful connections with others.
- Sustaining Our Legacy—We are trusted guardians for what we promise.
- A Shared Sense of Belonging—We evoke our place as part of a world that we influence and influences
Penn Mutual is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We provide employment and advancement opportunities to all qualified applicants and associates, according to applicable laws. This is reflected in our practices for hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, compensation, selection or training, and all other terms and conditions of employment. All employment-related decisions and practices are free from unlawful discrimination. This includes: race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship age, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, domestic partnership or civil union status, marital status, genetic information, disability, religious observance or practice, liability, veteran status or any other classification protected under applicable law.
Leaders may, at their discretion, change the responsibilities in this position description at any time due to reasonable accommodation and/or other business reasons.
About the Penn Mutual Life Insurance Company
Penn Mutual is committed to helping people live life with confidence. At the heart of this purpose is the belief that life insurance is central to a sound financial plan. Through our network of trusted financial professionals, we are dedicated to helping individuals, families and businesses achieve their dreams. Penn Mutual supports its financial professionals with retirement and investment services through its wholly owned subsidiary Hornor, Townsend & Kent, LLC, member FINRA/SIPC. Visit Penn Mutual at www.pennmutual.com.