Personal Financial Officer
We are seeking a full-time Personal Financial Officer to join our Muskego branch. The Personal Financial Officer helps credit union members with various financial needs. Hours include shifts Monday through Friday and rotating Saturday shifts.The PFO is responsible for assisting members with their financial needs while providing exceptional member service. They accept and input loan applications; and assist members in completing the loan process and helping to obtain the required documentation. Opens deposit product accounts and takes applications for all non-real estate credit products. Supports the overall functions of the branch.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Works loan pipelines, understands loan documentation and follows through to obtain all required documentation from members.
- Provides solutions to members regarding financial products and services. Opens savings products, IRA/HSA products, and service requests.
- Cross sells accounts and loans, including making referrals to Landmark Investment Center.
- Consistently sells GAP and Payment Protection to members.
- Provides required disclosures to applicants.
- Resolves member issues/problems and competently responds to member inquiries.
- Educates members as to the use of available automated systems in order and sets them up for these services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and two years of customer service experience in a financial institution.
- Prior teller or lending experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and explain credit bureau reports, liaise with members in satisfying loan stipulations, schedule closings and process loan documents.
- Demonstrated ability in understanding and recommending appropriate deposit and loan products based on member need.
- Demonstrated ability in providing excellent customer service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Ability to use independent judgment and discretion in various situations while maintaining a high degree of confidentiality.
- Must have or be able to attain National Mortgage Licensing System registration (NMLS#).
- Must have a thorough understanding of company policies and procedures as they relate to this position. Must understand and comply with all job-related state and federal laws and regulations.
EO/AA Employer; including veterans and individuals with disabilities.