Smartronix, LLC, is an information technology and engineering solutions provider specializing in Cloud Computing, Cyber Security, Health IT, Network Operations, and Mission-Focused Engineering.
The Automation Engineer will be responsible for Automating and Managing Enterprise Cloud Platforms including AWS, Azure, GCP and Oracle Cloud Environments, in addition to on-premises sustainment automation. Automation Engineer will work closely to design and build automated operational processes focusing on scalable cloud deployments with paradigm of infrastructure as a code. Work alongside engineers and developers to support Navy Enterprise Cloud Broker services and NAVAIR IT customers to build and support multi-cloud automated platform.
- Standardize, automate the provisioning and support aspects as reusable cloud services and interfaces
- Develop infrastructure as code on AWS / Azure / GCP using best practices and implementations for non-production and production environments
- Implement automated configuration and deployment process towards improving functionality, availability, and manageability of enterprise cloud offerings
- Ensure the availability, performance, reliability, and reporting of global cloud data centers and enterprise networks
- Improve productivity in delivery orchestration, proactive monitoring, self-healing automation and operations validations
- Solve problems related to these mission critical services and build automation to proactively detect and prevent their re-occurrences
- Support technology automation Compute, Storage, Backups and Operating system in the public cloud as well as on-premises
- Collaborate via open communication reaching across functional borders to analyze, tune, and configure automated platform infrastructure and systems
- Scripting or developing using: Cloud Formation Templates (CFT) or Azure RM Templates to build cloud services as code (IaC)
- Develop and consult on serverless technologies to meet customer IT requirements.
- Assist in correlating billing with customer utilization of cloud compute resources.
Smartronix provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
- Familiar with serverless technologies such as AWS API, Lambda, DynamoDB is a plus
- Familiar with libraries like React, Angular
- Experience designing configuration management systems using tools such as Chef, Tower, Ansible, Puppet, Salt & Jenkins
- Ability to provision, monitor, optimize and scale AWS and Azure infrastructure using API's
- Knowledge and/or experience on designing, developing, deploying, and CI/CD in a DevOps environment
- Interest in automation/configuration management using Ansible, Terraform or equivalent scripting programing language
- Interest in coding and scripting using: Python, AWS SDK and CLI
- Understanding of insights on Authentication & Authorization Services, Identity & Access Management
- Understanding of AWS Cloud Networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes and other types of Microservices and Container technologies highly preferred
- Experience with application load balancing solutions for scaling and HA
- Linux and Windows administration experience
- Well versed in internet architectures, including web, application, and database components
- General Networking knowledge required (Layer 2 & 3 switches, TCP/IP, SNMP, etc.)
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and tools as needed
- Exposure and hands on experience with Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS) with strong coding capability in building environments and deploying applications.
- Experience with various Microsoft and open-source based platforms is a plus (such as IIS, MsSQL, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Postgres, Mongo, Redis, Cassandra, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, IT or an engineering discipline
- Extensive and focused cloud automation experience
- Maintain DoD 8570 Certification (Security+) and Environment Certifications (Cloud Certification in AWS, Azure as a minimum)
Level of Education
Clearance Level Required
US Citizenship Required
Smartronix is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religious creed, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, sexual orientation/gender identity, age, or genetic information. Selected applicant will be subject to a background investigation. Smartronix is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.