Escrow and Deposit Services Manager
Leadership responsibility for Escrow Management, Deposit Services, and Check Exception Departments. Responsible for the management of all daily functions, operations, employee performance, future development and success of the EMSG, Deposit Services, and Check Exception Departments. Assesses and effectively manages the risk associated with department’s business objectives and activities; to ensure alignment with the bank’s risk management framework and overall risk appetite. Ensures that business objectives and activities adhere to bank policies and procedures, and are in compliance with federal regulatory requirements. Provides sales, service and execution support for new and prospective client relationships. Maintains an in-depth knowledge of bank products and services in order to aide in identifying customer's needs and to provide solutions. Serves as main point of contact for internal and external client problem resolution.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages and oversees the Bank’s Escrow Management Service operations and report as needed to senior level management.
- Manage and direct all activities related to the day to day operations of Deposit Services and Check Exception areas.
- Represents the Bank in negotiations with clients, potential clients, client's attorney, to establish terms, structure and pricing of new and existing EMSG relationships.
- Develop, approve and establish policies and procedures for Escrow Services, Deposit Service and Check Exception areas.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Manage staff and performance; provide guidance, instruction, training and career development.
- Interact with all operational areas of the Bank to implement special handling requirements specific to each deal such as rate exceptions, fee calculations, and 1099 reporting, etc.
- Problem resolutions for internal and external clients.
- Ensures the timely and accurate processing of all operational functions to include accurate processing of all non-post transactions, NSF decisions, stop payments, chargebacks.
- Ensures each department responds in a timely manner to both internal and external customers.
- Ensures the completion and accuracy of daily, monthly, and quarterly settlements.
- Performs duties as needed to assist management and other areas of the organization.
- Responsible for completing performance appraisals, developing performance goals, and conducting regularly scheduled reviews with staff.
- Responsible for identifying areas for process improvements to reduce expense, increase efficiency, and strengthen controls. Work with appropriate departments across the bank to implement these changes.
- Ensure all procedures are documented and updated as needed.
- Coaches and develops employees, including career development plans. Works with direct reports to build teamwork, motivate and improve morale. Assures effective communication within the department. Regularly communicates goals and results
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Finance preferred
- 10 years of progressive experience in deposit operations and/or commercial branch banking required
- 5 years Escrow account administration experience required
- 8 years management or leadership experience.
- Advanced knowledge of banking products and services.
- Strong knowledge of banking regulations, deposit operations, policies, procedures and escrow account administration.
- Proficient in MS Office.