Enerpac is a global market leader in high-pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. We manufacture products, from the smallest hydraulic cylinder to complete computer-operated lifting and positioning systems. Our focus is to provide customers with the most extensive line of products and accessories that maximize force-to increase productivity and make work safer and easier to perform.
Enerpac is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
Summary – basic function of the role
Operate paint line in a safe and efficient manner while producing high quality products. Work to provide continuous improvement with work processes and product distribution.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Read work orders and similar documentation to stage product for painting. Prepare load & unload parts to be painted. Prepare product for painting - including cleaning and masking the product.
- Prepare paint for use in the paint booth and hand spray guns and check and adjust paint viscosity.
- Apply paint to various sized cylinders and miscellaneous components utilizing the paint booth and hand-held paint spray guns.
- Assess paint results for quality and determine acceptability of results. Troubleshoot when product appearance is less than desired. Operate touch-up sprayer as needed.
- Control oven temperature for to ensure appropriate drying results.
- Other duties include cleaning and maintenance of paint line, checking chemical levels, and maintaining stocking levels of masking material, paint, and chemicals.
- Willing to learn operation of ‘Raymond Forklift’ and other duties.
Skills and Competencies –
Level 1—Paint Operator
- Able to follow routine/well defined work processes and procedures, i.e. ISO, work and safety procedures
- Jobs require a moderate degree of mechanical, technical and/or analytic knowledge and experience.
- May include requirements for concise arithmetic skills and ability to communicate in writing.
- Some troubleshooting on product appearance requirement (may apply).
- Ability to operate a paint gun, and other hand/power tools.
- Ability to discern proper colors to match standards and able to follow written instructions regarding paint mixing
- Ability to exchange information with co-workers. Take and give work instructions, schedules and reports of work completed.
- Understand and adhere to safety guidelines while working near chemicals and paint line. Always wear required personal protective
Education and Experience
Education Requirements: High school diploma or GED equivalent
Previous experience in manufacturing, assembly, or other related field. Previous paint experience (commercial or residential) is strongly desired.
Employee will lift 1-30 pounds intermittently and may have to lift documents/work materials up to 40 pounds in weight. Employee will have to be able to walk to a variety of primary work locations. Employee will need to listen, understand, and speak with team members at all levels within a diverse workforce
Employee will be in a manufacturing environment where they may work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to vibration.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Key External Contacts/Clients
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the job described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.