Enerpac is a global market leader in high-pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads. We manufacture products, from the smallest hydraulic cylinder to complete computer-operated lifting and positioning systems. Our focus is to provide customers with the most extensive line of products and accessories that maximize force-to increase productivity and make work safer and easier to perform.
Enerpac is wholly owned by Enerpac Tool Group. Enerpac Tool Group is a premier industrial tools and services company serving a broad and diverse set of customers in more than 25 countries. The Company’s businesses are global leaders in high pressure hydraulic tools, controlled force products and solutions for precise positioning of heavy loads that help customers safely and reliably tackle some of the most challenging jobs around the world. The Company was founded in 1910 and is headquartered in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. Enerpac Tool Group trades on the NYSE under the symbol “EPAC”.
For further information on Enerpac Tool Group and its businesses, visit the Company's website at https://www.enerpactoolgroup.com/.
The key function of the Application Engineer (AE) is to support team members, Customers and Distributors in the designated area in the best professional way to ensure that the Sales Entity is able to meet its growth targets. The AE will support with technical expertise on projects, both in the quoting and execution stages.
- Support the Team with job specific solutions and prescribe the correct equipment for the job(s)
- Design and engineer specific solutions on customer request when feasible. Answer technical questions on all products to customers, distributors and colleague
- Cooperate and coordinate with the different technical departments of Hydratight and Enerpac
- Cooperate with all local and regional colleagues to develop and implement global, regional and local strategies within the region that will result in exceeding the annual financial targets
- Provide clarification of technical specifications
- Execute on Project Management on designated projects
- Support on complex and technical offers to customers for successful conversion into orders
- Combine visits with Account Managers and Distributors to Customers for Technical Support
- Support our Sales Team on site, if needed, to solve technical issues
- Act as backup for other Application Engineers and Customer Services team members
- Generate competitive concept quotations for sales, rental and service and ensure correct pre-calculations and procedures
- Use the Customer Relations Management system Salesforce.com for – amongst others - registration of calculations, opportunities and visit reporting, mandatory requirement
- Liaise with operations and sales team to plan ahead for manpower requirement
- Communicate mobilization details to Operations
- Ensure accurate and timely completion and submission of all job related documentation & reports
- Liaise with Operations to arrange technician transport and accommodation
- Follow any reasonable instruction given by the direct manager
- Maintain a high standard of tidiness within own work area and ensure all those supervised adhere to the highest standards
- Engagement to and a drive for LEAD - the Continuous Improvement program within the Actuant Corporation - is of great importance
- Ensure all HSEQ rules and regulations are communicated and enforced throughout the Organization. Proactively participate to safety awareness and improvement.
- Represent the Company in a professional manner at all times, both internally and externally. Follow the published processes and comply with all company policies and procedures. Be an ambassador for the businesses in particular ensure that Health & Safety comes first at all times
- Bachelor degree in mechanical Engineering or MTS (Engineering) and 5 years of relevant work experience as an application engineer is required.
- Experience in process and/or pipeline industry and/or assembly of joint applications, onsite machining and tightening bolts is required
- Strong commercial acumen required
- Consolidated knowledge in project management, high intercultural awareness to work in international project teams
- High sense of responsibility, flexibility, ability to work under high pressure, extraordinary diligence, solution-oriented way of working.
- Understanding of industrial (distribution) markets is considered a plus
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication skills is required; all other languages are advantageous. Internal company communication in English is mandatory
- Work well with minimal supervision; self-discipline and motivated
- Good working knowledge of Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Travelling both domestic as international, if and when requested
- Pro-E/Autocad drawing skills, 2D and 3D drawings