Adjunct: Physical Science (Online)
The Global Online Learning Campus (GOLC) of Georgia Military College is now hiring adjunct professors in the following discipline:
About the Course:
The physical science instructor will deliver survey-style content covering general topics associated with physics, chemistry, geology, atmospheric science, and astronomy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach undergraduate-level physical science courses online according to the standards of the GOLC and Natural Sciences Department.
- Provide critical thinking based instruction centered on the student learning outcomes of the course.
- Instruct course(s) throughout the week including days, nights, evenings, and weekends.
- Applicant must hold a minimum of a master’s degree with 18+ graduate semester hours or 30+ quarter hours in physical science, physics, astronomy, or a closely-related discipline in the physical sciences.
- The candidate will have demonstrable experience teaching subject matter in two or more physical science disciplines.
- A doctoral degree with 18+ graduate semester hours or 30+ quarter hours in physical science, physics, astronomy, or a closely-related discipline in the physical sciences.
- At least two years of online instruction where at least 80% of instruction was online.
- Experience with the Moodle learning management system is highly preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of online teaching experience and exhibit a passion for technology.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office365 suite is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable effective written and oral communication skills.
- The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented and self-motivated.
Required Application Materials:
- Current resume or CV.
- One letter of recommendation.
- Statement of online education teaching philosophy.
- Copy of unofficial transcripts.
It is preferred that all items be uploaded as PDF documents. Applications that omit any of the required documents will not be considered.