Adjunct Instructor for Political Science for Classes in Lincolnton
The Georgia Military College Augusta Campus is part of Georgia Military College’s eight campus and seven extensions center system across the state. Established in 1879, Georgia Military College is a coeducational public-independent two-year higher education institution of the State of Georgia and seeks to produce educated citizens by providing our students with a liberal arts based two-year undergraduate curriculum in an environment conducive to the holistic development of the intellect and character of our students.
The Georgia Military College-Augusta Campus invites applications for adjunct instructors for courses in Political Science to support classes at our site in Lincoln County, Georgia.
Applicants must hold a Master’s degree in Political Science or a Master’s degree and 18sh or 30qh of graduate coursework in content based Political Science classes. Teaching experience is highly preferred.
Applicants must be willing to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses. Classes are face to face delivery. Contracts are for 9 weeks; renewable upon availability of classes and satisfactory job performance. GMC-Augusta operates on an accelerated quarter system offering five terms per year.
The ideal candidate will be able to teach a full range of classes as appropriate.
Applications must include all of the following:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter/Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial copies of all transcripts
- Names and contact information for 3 professional references
The review process will commence immediately and continue until the necessary positions have been filled.
Projected start date: 8/1/2019
- Master’s degree.
- A minimum of 18 semester hours/30 quarter hours of graduate level coursework in Political Science.
- Excellent interpersonal/human relations skills, demonstrated excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Applicant must be willing to teach day, evening, and/or weekend courses.
- Experience teaching and tutoring freshman and sophomore level courses .
- Experience in a Community College environment is preferred.
- Experience with online learning management systems is a plus.
*Criminal background check and drug screen must be cleared before any candidate may begin working.
Georgia Military College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.