Bindery Operator (Experienced)
Seeking an Experienced Bindery Operator (8 hour shift) that can fully set up, adjust and operator designated piece of bindery equipment.
- Set up, adjust and operate designated bindery equipment.
- Read and interpret written job tickets or other job specifications containing bindery requirements.
- Ensures that production goals are met.
- Troubleshoots problems to maintain quality standards and to keep equipment in running condition - request maintenance as required.
- Examines product frequently to ensure that it meets customer quality specifications.
- Pulls and inspects hourly run samples and notifies Supervision in the event quality standards are not being met.
- Cleans and maintains assigned machine to ensure its optimum operation.
- May run other equipment as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
- Previous experience in the operation of at least one piece of bindery equipment is required, two preferred.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work OT as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. frequently during the 12 hour shift.
Experience as a Bindery Operator is required.