The Finishing Expeditor expedites and prioritizes work within the department/s and assists with keeping the associates stocked with components and materials to keep the work flowing. Expeditor is responsible for training new associates to understand current processes and expectations. They utilize InfoShare and EPIC to drive productivity and on-time delivery for the Finishing department.
The Finishing Production Expeditor provides specialized production support for the finishing area.
1. Manipulates manufacturing orders and processes under the direction of Supervision by using information obtained from manufacturing specifications and department schedules to improve workflow and ensure accuracy throughout the department.
2. Assists Supervision with ensuring that the right orders are being expedited and worked on at ALL times. This includes earliest mail dates and shippers, which means helping to “pull” work from the previous processes as needed. This also means looking ahead on large jobs to see if they should be started earlier and providing input to PC if they think OT or additional staffing may be required. At times this entails re-directing associates that may be working on orders that should not be worked on yet!
3. Takes the initial steps to trouble shoot any problems that arise such as lost orders, work order errors, etc. It should be known that the PC will be available for consulting and that this person should not be responsible for tackling issues that are overwhelming or require extensive product knowledge or extreme interaction with PM’s, Department PC’s, Supervisors, etc. unless instructed to do so by a PC. (Creating overlooked presort verification checklists, correcting JTR typos, hunting for lost tickets and workbooks that are needed to do the jobs are examples of items that this person can do to help resolve issues).
4. Facilitates the training on new associates under the direction of PC. It is imperative that new associates are trained to understand the current processes and SOPs for the success of the department. 10%
5. Covers for PC as needed. Either when PC is not at work or on specific tasks when PC is unavailable. This includes such tasks as signing off the Negotiable Document forms and providing sign offs for Misc. Equipment Operators to keep the work flowing.
6. Works with the Missing Number Hand Stuffing associate to help split off and deliver Inserting portion of product appropriately and in a timely manner.
7. Follows up (each shift) with jobs in the Finishing Problem bin to ensure that resolution is reached as quickly as possible. Checks the hold racks periodically throughout the shift to see if order alerts or other communications have been sent to release any of the orders. Validates that the “hold” reason is legitimate. Notifies PC if mail/ship date is here and order/s are not yet released.
8. Assists with order alerts as required, especially when stock outs occur. When Material handlers inform us that they are out of a component, checks EPIC for the sub. If no sub is available, requests that the Material associates generate a stock out. Once that is done, sends out an order alert accordingly.
9. Organizes the work area to maintain a safe and clean environment.
10. Learns responsibilities of the Production Coordinator to provide back up when needed.
11. May include other duties as assigned.
RR Donnelley offers a competitive starting wage with aggressive pay increases every 3 months for first year.
This position is for B shift: Monday 11pm - 5am, Tuesday through Thursday 5pm - 5am.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
1. Six months related work experience within print/mail or related industry.
2. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills.
4. Prioritizing and organizational abilities.
5. Basic math skills.
6. Intermediate computer skills, including a familiarity with Microsoft Office and a good working knowledge of the Windows Operating system.