Offices Services Associate (Boston, M-F 8am-4:30pm)
Operate machines that automatically addresses, weighs, and ties into bundles printed publications, such as magazines, catalogs, and pamphlets, for mailing according to zip code. Review manufacturing instructions to determine type and size of publication scheduled for mailing. Make adjustments to guides, rollers, loose card inserter, weighing machine, and tying arm, using rule and hand tools. Records production according to customer name and zip code, and machine down time due to malfunctions or lack of work. Processes and ships outgoing small package parcels such as UPS, Federal Express, and DHL.
Requires familiarity with routine operating procedures of equipment which can be set up and operated following a few step by step instructions and the skill to operate the equipment. Requires skill to perform minor clerical tasks incidental to the operation of the equipment (e.g., maintain machine operating and maintenance records, write new identification labels for computer tapes, etc.), and skill to perform routine maintenance such as cleaning and lubricating the equipment. Ability to identify if improper machine operation and make basic adjustments.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) HS diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
2) Requires good knowledge of general/standard administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and methods to successfully complete the duties of the job.
3) Must have general knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs related to the print manufacturing process or administrative support.
4) Must be familiar with applicable skills and procedures required to perform the duties listed in the job.
5) Must have good oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide routine information, answer inquiries and/or refer calls.
6) Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems related to duties of the job.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer