Co-lead local, regional, and/or national level procurement activity execution and support to obtain additional volume to satisfy customer needs.
- Process product inquiries selecting approved suppliers and negotiate pricing based on sales/customer service estimate requests
- Determine product and service needs and ensure that specification requirements are clearly identified and met. Perform project management as applicable
- Perform make/buy analysis to determine if product can be produced internally instead of outsourced
- Create sales estimate
- Conduct vendor negotiations for the purchase of finished goods for resale
- Process orders checking for accuracy of pricing specifications and service performing key complete and order set-up
- Create purchase orders
- Provide order status to sales/customer service following up with vendors to ensure timely delivery
- Expedite goods and services researching supplier of unique products or feature capabilities
- Manage warehouse receipt execution orders (if applicable)
- Provide oversight to inventory levels and tracking as needed
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- High School diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
- Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments.
- Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Knowledgeable of the critical factors affecting sourcing and supplier management. General knowledge of tools/techniques of competitive and collaborative purchasing and price and cost analysis tools.
- Skilled in negotiating and understanding of purchasing contract language.
- Additional job knowledge, skills, and/or abilities specific to a department may be listed on the staffing requisition.