Buffalo Grove, IL•
- Drive delivery vehicle to transport materials, supplies, or equipment.
- Ensure equipment is configured to the bill of lading.
- Load, secure, and deliver materials in a safe and timely manner.
- Complete and process paperwork.
- Maintain a safe vehicle and comply with all government regulatory laws.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Skill in manipulating controls for starting, stopping, backing, and driving the vehicle in all types of traffic and road conditions.
- Knowledge of the height, width, length, and weight of the vehicle in order to judge overhead and side clearances, the turning radius, braking distance, and the safest distance to be maintained from other vehicles.
- Skill to read and understand a road map, and to determine the shortest and safest route for both short and long runs.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques, including skill to recognize developing hazardous road and traffic conditions and the judgment to select alternate routes to avoid potential problems.
- Knowledge and skill to adjust driving methods to the practices of the surrounding traffic in order to avoid accidents and to transport cargo and passengers safely.
- Knowledge of State and local safety rules and regulations, and the rules of other jurisdictions for operating vehicles.
- Knowledge and skill to load cargo properly onto the vehicle, using appropriate tie-downs such as chains, binders, or straps for transit on public roads at highway speeds or under similar driving circumstances.
- Knowledge of the operator's manual for their assigned vehicle and skill to apply such knowledge to particular driving situations.
- Ability to recognize developing maintenance problems when conducting an operator's inspection of their assigned vehicles, and to report technical problems to the supervisor.