Adjunct Instructors: French, German, and Spanish
Adjunct Instructors: French, German, and Spanish at Xavier University
Xavier University, located in Cincinnati, Ohio, is accepting applications for an Adjunct Instructors in Modern Languages on a rolling basis. Positions will include the instruction of beginning- or intermediate-level courses housed within the Department of Classics and Modern Languages.
Candidates must be dedicated to undergraduate teaching and demonstrate excellence in language teaching. All applicants for this position must provide evidence of native or near-native proficiency in French, German, or Spanish and English. Candidates should be able to help support a diverse and inclusive student community.
Minimum Qualifications: Minimum qualifications to teach Modern Languages at Xavier University include a Masters in the Language or a closely related field. Previous language instruction at the college level preferred. Formal training in second language acquisition or teaching methods preferred. Masters degree in another field plus ability to demonstrate sustained professional use of the language considered.
Contracts for adjunct faculty members are issued on a semesterly basis.
- Effective, engaged learner-centered instruction in an inclusive classroom environment;
- Effective planning and preparation of classes to support student success;
- Administration of appropriate course assessments designed adequately to measure student’s learning in connection with Xavier’s Core Curriculum;
- Use of Xavier’s campus-wide Content Management System, Canvas, to provide course information and maintain an electronic record of student progress; and
- Working cooperatively with members of the Spanish language section, faculty in the Classics and Modern Languages department, the Spanish Core Language Coordinator, and the Department Chair within the College of Arts and Sciences.
Interested candidates must apply at Xavier University's website. For additional information, please contact Jamie H. Trnka, Department Chair, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer