Underwrite new and existing commercial loans through analysis of borrower’s credit history, financial performance, current market trends, collateral, and feasibility. Spreads and analyzes financial statements, real estate spreadsheets, tax returns, A/R & A/P agings and proformas/forecasts for C&I, Commercial Real Estate, and SBA loan requests. Supports Lending Department by providing personal and business credit reports, property values based on third party data and industry analysis as needed.
- Consistently provide excellent customer service to external and internal customers.
- Determines risk rating of proposed loan requests based on the Bank’s underwriting criteria and loan policy.
- Prepares detailed narrative and risk analysis of C&I/CRE/SBA loan requests in timely manner.
- Spreads and analyzes financial statements/tax returns, real estate spreadsheets, A/R & A/P agings and identifies risks.
- Researches Credit Reports, Industry, and Real Estate Information.
- Completes annual review for loans secured by income producing real estate properties.
- Regularly participates in bank and vendor training as needed.
- Attends weekly Management Loan Committee (MLC) meetings to provide additional insight as needed to senior management.
- Completes annual review for loans secured by income producing real estate properties as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- General working knowledge of MS Office.
- Highly motivated, self-driven individual who can think strategically, operate independently, and take accountability for the function.
- Ability to motivate, influence, and collaborate with others both internally and externally.
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment and prioritize your focus on most impactful activities.
- Strong oral and written communication skills when interacting with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- The ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Some travel may be required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance or related field or one (1) year of equivalent related commercial credit and financial statement analysis experience and/or formal credit training required.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.