C&I Relationship Manager III DC,MD, VA
Eagle Bancorp, Inc. headquartered in Bethesda, MD, was incorporated in 1997 to serve as the bank holding company for EagleBank. Eagle Bancorp is a publicly traded company under the symbol EGBN. EagleBank commenced banking operations on July 20, 1998, and currently operates 20 banking offices: six in Suburban, Maryland, five located in the District of Columbia; and nine in Northern Virginia. The Bank was founded to specifically address the business and personal needs of local business owners. It has been answering and exceeding those needs for over 20 years, providing custom financial solutions, local access to senior management, quick response, local decision-making, and a deeply-rooted dedication to the local community.
Our Mission is to be the most respected and profitable community bank by putting relationships first to the delight of our customers, employees, and shareholders, and relentlessly deliver the most compelling service and value. Eagle Bank’s Values are: Relationships F·I·R·S·T: Flexible, Involved, Responsive, Strong, and Trusted.
The Relationship Manager is responsible for the generation and management of commercial loan and deposit portfolio for new and existing C&I clients; evaluating the client’s needs and aligning those requirements with the appropriate bank products and product partners; performing the initial vetting and structure of loan transactions, including the preparation of term sheets. Directs the underwriting of loan transactions, including the analysis of financial statements, and presentation of credit packages to the appropriate parties for approval; works with the Portfolio Administrator (PA) and/or outside counsel to prepare loan documents and close the loan transactions
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Evaluates structures and oversees the underwriting and analysis of client and prospect loan requests, and makes appropriate recommendations for approval.
• Ensures that the bank’s policies and procedures are adhered to throughout the loan origination process.
• Actively identifies and develops cross-sell opportunities across all bank product lines.
• Participates in networking events, community events and develops / maintains a network of referral contacts and Centers of Influence (COI’s) within the market.
• Actively monitors and administers the loan portfolio to gauge credit quality.
• Proactively services and grows the C&I loan and deposit portfolio to provide an acceptable return to the bank while concurrently managing risk by mitigating past dues, overdrafts, loan documentation exceptions, and any other undue credit risk.
• Reviews loan documents, internally and attorney prepared, for accuracy prior to loan closing.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business related field
• Previous Portfolio management, commercial credit analysis and commercial loan underwriting experience
• Formal credit training
• Proven track record in commercial loan sales
• Past experience in a supervisory or leadership role
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIRED
• Evaluating real estate credit risk
• Excellent writing skills
• Strong communications skills
• Strong credit/underwriting knowledge
• Intermediate skill level MS Office products
• Banking product knowledge
Successful candidates will be evaluated and leveled based on previous experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.