Principal Supply Chain Specialist
Why Join ACIST?
We care as much about our employees as we do our patients. Our culture fosters a work environment where employees can thrive, be passionate and have fun along the way. Each member of the ACIST team has the power to make a difference......every day!
This multi-faceted position will drive execution of critical supply chain activities that contribute directly to achieving organizational goals. This role requires C-level presentation and communication skills to identify and determine actions for strategic operational objectives. This role will also be the direct interface to the Bracco Group Corporate Supply Chain in Milan, Italy. Responsibilities include guiding and executing strategic production planning, purchasing, logistics, fulfillment, and analytics. This role will serve as a technical leader in ERP system and supplier performance, and will require extensive collaboration across functions and geographies leading to delivery of finished goods to end customers and distribution points.
Planning & Distribution (40%)
- Leads development and delivery of Sales, Inventory & Operations Planning process (SI&OP)
- Maintains demand forecast in SAP that aligns with SIOP forecast
- Creates and manages production plans considering inventory levels, materials availability, lead times and resource planning
- Develops and launches component and finished good inventory management policies and practices
- Maintains order management policies at the part level and maintains SAP planning parameters so MRP generates appropriate exception messages
- Ensures accuracy of forecasts, production plans and product distribution strategy
- Provides demand forecasting to Corporate entity for alignment with Corporate level objectives
- Manages interface across business units to ensure inventory levels are appropriate to achieve targets
- Maintains and monitors schedule
- Executes replenishment of consumables and systems at ACIST facilities and direct distributors through management of our third-party warehouse service providers
- Responsible for understanding and complying with international shipping regulations
- Proactively identifies and drives creative solutions for improving processes and increasing efficiencies as it relates to forecasting, production planning, inventory planning and distribution activities
- Proactively mines, analyzes and presents data regarding sales trends, inventory levels, production capacity, etc.
- Evaluates and monitors freight/warehouse spend and makes recommendations for alternative options that reduce transportation costs while maintaining required service levels
- Analyzes inventory availability by product by region relative to targets and communicates status to stakeholders
- Provides guidance and mentoring to lesser experienced individuals
- Manages year-end inventory process counts at bulk distribution centers
- Collaborate frequently with Sales Administration to ensure customer delivery schedules are met
- Partner with ACIST Europe, ACIST Japan, and other Bracco entities to share best practices and provide training when necessary
- Provides and presents status updates to management team on a frequent basis in all forms of communication.
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Finance, Quality etc. to gather and refine the timeliness and quality of required data in order to perform accurate and timely data analysis.
Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- Four-year degree, preferably, B.S. in Business Administration, Operations, Finance, or Supply Chain.
- 9-13 years of experience in supply chain functions, with accomplishments progressively increasing in significance (e.g., production planning, cross-functional leadership and/or product distribution)
- Medical device industry experience
- Experience presenting to all levels of an organization including C-level and executive management
- Knowledge of ERP systems, and experience with software for demand management and reporting.
- 3-5 years’ experience with master production scheduling
- Comprehensive verbal and written analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to produce accurate and timely reporting
- Proven ability to act with a sense of urgency
- High level of professionalism
- Demonstrated mathematical aptitude
- Ability to work both autonomously with little supervision and as part of a team
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to adhere to work/quality procedures to ensure compliance with regulations and policies
- Master’s level degree in Supply Chain or Business Discipline
- 14-19 years of experience in supply chain, with roles progressively increasing in responsibility related supply chain management disciplines of planning/forecasting, procurement, logistics and inventory management
- 2 years of leadership or supervisory experience managing direct reports
- APICS certification or working toward certification
- Expert level knowledge of ERP/MRP systems
- Expert level knowledge of TSA (Transportation Security Administration) regulations, CCSP (Certified Cargo Screening Program), Incoterms® (rules at the core of world trade), Freight Management Systems
- Contract negotiation experience
- Knowledge of ACIST consumable products, manufacturing cycles, capacity planning, sterilization cycles, freight management (land, air and ocean), quality management, customs regulations, Incoterms® (rules at the core of world trade).
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of all ACIST Medical Systems quality policy/system items.
- Domestic and International Travel up to 20%.