Public Safety Officer
Administrative & Clerical Positions
Florida SouthWestern State College is accepting resumes in search of a Public Safety Officer to join our team of exceptional employees. Our sworn law enforcement officers provide public safety services on a designated FSW campus and Collegiate High School to ensure a safe and secure environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An Associate’s degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in criminal justice or related field.
- Two (2) years of significant and progressively responsible experience in law enforcement, security services, military police and/or public safety management. Additional combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must meet the requirements established in Florida Statutes Chapter 943.13 officers' minimum qualifications for employment or appointment to include achieving an acceptable score on the Florida officer certification examination.
- First Aid, CPR, AED training, or the ability to acquire related certification(s) within a 12-month period.
- Ability to work various shifts including day, afternoon and evening hours as the College dictates. Additionally, may be designated as “Essential Personnel” in times of emergency.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Our location offers you an opportunity to enjoy the perks of working and living in paradise on a regular basis. The area offers something for everyone to enjoy a rewarding and balanced lifestyle.
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity.