Design Specialist - Experience Design
HOK designs buildings and spaces that respond to the needs of people and the environment. Our designers are rooted in technical excellence, driven by imagination and focused on a solitary goal: to deliver solutions that inspire clients and communities.
We are currently seeking a Visual Communications Design Specialist to join our team. As a Design Specialist, you will be responsible for managing projects and creating graphic images for use on large scale environmental graphic design projects for a variety of clients and building types.
- Creates unique effective designs for way finding and branding signage programs that meet the needs of the project.
- Understand target audiences’ cognitive, cultural, physical and social environment to lead in the planning and executing of design.
- Plan, analyze and create visual solutions to communication problems.
- Interface with clients on project needs.
- May supervise junior team members on project assignments.
- Leads mock-up design reviews for errors before the final production or client presentation.
- May participate in marketing efforts with other senior staff such as client interviews and proposal preparation.
- Assist in all phases of project planning and implementation including concept design, design development, construction development, construction documents, bidding and fabrication for way finding/signage and graphic/ branding projects in the studio.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Knowledge of the environmental graphic design process.
- Knowledge of corporate branding, print design and multi-media applications required.
- Knowledge of construction documentation and specification techniques.
- Must possess design talent, creative energy, management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Mac-based studio utilizing Adobe Creative Suite for design.
- Proficiency in MS Office such as Outlook.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to anticipate, identify and troubleshoot problems and recognize alternative actions.
- Ability to provide excellent, consistent service to internal and external clients in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of Premier Pro, Flash, HTML, Sketch Up or After Effects a plus.
- Knowledge about design elements, such as color and composition.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment and must possess good interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, graphic design, industrial design or related degree required.
- 5 plus years of related experience in with the design, development and implementation of large scale environmental graphic design projects required.
- LEED credential required within 6 months of employment.
HOK is a drug-free workplace. HOK is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.