Field Install Tech - 2
CTDI is a large scale Engineering, Repair, and Logistics company that services the country’s largest wireless telecommunications providers, as well as the largest High-speed Internet & Cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 58 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 16,500 employees worldwide.
With a greatly increased presence and growing client base, CTDI is looking to add a Field Install Technician 2. Job responsibilities for this role will include:
- Install telecommunications equipment at customer sites.
- Read, interpret, and implement job specifications.
- Run, secure, and terminate cable.
- Assemble frames, superstructure and miscellaneous hardware.
- Perform required testing of installed wiring using specifications and drawings.
- Label and stencil equipment and cabling.
- Install and connect basic AC wiring.
- Run and terminate DC power cabling.
- Maintain satisfactory quality performance levels.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Timely and accurate completion of necessary operations paperwork (e.g. expense reports, time sheets, job documentation, etc.)
- Provide daily job status reports as requested.
- May be required to provide on the job training to other installation technicians.
- May be required to assume responsibility for successful completion of basic installation projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Ability to read simple mechanical drawings.
- Ability to work independently and with others.
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 75 pounds.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
- Professional appearance and manner.
- Good customer service and administrative skills.
- Ability to identify different colored wires.
- Valid driver''s license and reliable personal vehicle for travel to job sites.
- Ability to travel extensively (including overnight) both locally and nationwide.
- Own basic tools with the ability to use them as appropriate.
- Cell phone with data and unlimited talk plan.
- GPS for travel.
- Computer operation knowledge (Word, Excel, and test software).
- Ability to work day and/or night shift hours.
- 1-2 years prior Central Office installation experience.
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career! EOE, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled
CTDI does not accept unsolicited employment agency / recruiter resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to our website, to our HR Department or to any CTDI employee. CTDI will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm without a signed fee agreement or to any firm who was not issued a search assignment from CTDI's HR Department. CTDI will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered.
This position is located in Pittston, PA. View the Google Map in full screen.