Arapahoe Community College was established in 1965 as the first two-year college in the greater Denver area. ACC provides students with innovative and responsive educational and economic opportunities. We are committed to preparing learners for life success by upholding the highest academic standards and supporting the growth and success of each individual.
ACC offers an Associate of Applied Science in Cybersecurity that prepares students to assess the security needs of computer and network systems, recommend safeguard solutions, and manage the implementation and maintenance of security devises, systems, and procedures. This program is offered at ACC’s Sturm Collaboration Campus in Castle Rock.
The Cybersecurity Faculty position is a full-time, 9-month faculty position in the Computer Technology Department. ACC Faculty teach 15 credits each fall and spring semester. Faculty have the option to teach courses during the summer semester for additional compensation. Courses may be taught using both traditional and non-traditional delivery methods, including online, computer-aided, distance learning, self-paced, interdisciplinary; courses are offered during the day or evening. Faculty are expected to develop and evaluate curriculum, advise students, assess student learning, and maintain required office and campus hours.
- Associate’s degree, or higher, in Computer Networking or related subfield, OR Associate’s degree, or higher, plus 18 credit hours (undergraduate or graduate) in Computer Networking, OR Five years non-teaching occupational hours within the last 7 years in the content area AND current industry certification in the content area. Degree must be from an accredited institution.
- Have, or qualify for, postsecondary CTE credential including 4,000 non-teaching occupational hours within the last seven years (2,000 hours if at bachelor’s or higher).
- If teaching CNG 260/261/262/263 – must have current CCNA or higher certification and NetAcad Instructor Training Certificate.
- One year of postsecondary instructional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Computer Science, Information Technology with Cybersecurity focus, or related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years industry experience in the field of cybersecurity or networking security.
- Relevant industry certifications in the area of cybersecurity.
- Hardware and software technical skills including Cisco, Palo Alto, Red Hat, VMware and imaging software.
- Risk Management, compliance, and audit experience a plus.
- Experience in a student-centric and hands-on learning or training environment.
- Competency with multiple instructional delivery methods.
- Participation in professional technological association.
- Understanding of adult learning theory concepts; ability to use these principles effectively in the learning environment.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and/or classroom environment. Constantly uses a computer and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports classroom and laboratory equipment, up to 20 lbs.
- May be required to work out of, and travel between ACC campus locations – Littleton, Parker, Castle Rock.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at (303) 797-5715 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advertised Salary Range
The salary range for this position is $55,558 to $70,194, commensurate with education and experience. This salary is based on 166 contract days within an academic year (August - May). The projected start date for this position is August 2020; salary will be prorated based on the number of contract days worked. This is a full-time, 9-month, FLSA exempt position. Questions about salary should be directed to ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of applicable certifications, and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To submit your application, scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
Review of applications will begin on July 27, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.