Instructor, Engineering Graphics Technology
Engineering Graphics Technology
The Engineering Graphics Technologies Department at Arapahoe Community College is seeking part-time instructors for the Fall 2020 and Spring 2021 semesters. Courses will be held on the Littleton campus.
This posting will be used to fill multiple Instructor vacancies. Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Planned course offerings include:
Mechanical Design I
Covers how to develop technical drawings demonstrating multi-view orthographic projections, auxiliary views, section views, and beginning dimensioning concepts based on ANSI/ASME standards.
Mechanical Design II
Develops skills on the application of dimensioning systems and the application of applying tolerances to produce baseline, ordinate, tabulated, chart, and rectangular coordinate dimensioning based on ASME standards.
Mechanical Design III
Examines industry based design management models and the process of controlling drawing revisions, including design concepts for linkages, gears, bearings, belt drives, and chain drives.
Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
Focuses on interpreting and applying geometric dimensioning and tolerancing in machining or drafting per the ASME Y14.5 specification. Students should be able to demonstrate and distinguish GDT through math formulas, tolerancing systems, modifiers, symbols, datums, and tolerances of form, profile, orientation, run-out and location.
Provides an overview of the different methods, tools, and machines which are used to manufacture industrial and consumer products.
Part-time instructors provide instructional duties for the College in their respective areas of expertise. They report to the department chair within the discipline and do not have any supervisory responsibilities. Responsibilities include: instruction, student assessment, and other related instructional duties.
The instructor must be patient, and respectful, while also providing their expectations for what is considered acceptable work. The instructor must display dedication to the class as well as the goals of the program.
- Associate's degree, or higher, in Engineering Graphics Technologies, Mechanical Design, or a related field from an accredited institution.
- Three years experience working with the application of GD&T to engineering drawings.
- Have, or qualify for, a postsecondary CTE credential including 4,000 non-teaching occupational hours within the last 7 years (2,000 hours if at bachelor's or higher).
- Previous teaching experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Self-management: sets well-defined and realistic personal goals; displays a high level of initiative, effort, and commitment towards completing assignments in a timely manner; works with minimal supervision; is motivated to achieve, and demonstrates responsible behavior.
- Interpersonal skills: shows understanding, courtesy, tact, empathy, and concern; develops and maintains professional relationships; may deal with people who are difficult, hostile, and/or distressed; relates well to people from varied backgrounds and situations, and is sensitive to individual differences.
- Diversity: is sensitive to cultural diversity, race, gender, and other individual differences in the workforce.
- Conflict management: manages and resolves conflicts, grievances, disagreements in a constructive manner to minimize negative personal impact.
- Integrity/honesty: contributes to maintaining the integrity of the organization; displays high standards of ethical conduct; understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self, and others, and is trustworthy.
- Organizational awareness: knows the organization’s mission and function and how it’s social, political, and technological systems work and operates effectively with them including the program, policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the organization.
- Teaching others: helps others learn through formal and/or informal methods; identifies training needs; provides constructive feedback; coaches others on how to perform tasks; and acts as a mentor.
- Computer skill proficiency; particularly in M/S Office programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with online course management systems and classroom Smart Room technology.
Physical & Cognitive Demands
The following are some of the physical and cognitive demands commonly associated with this position.
- This position operates in a standard office and classroom environment and constantly uses a computer and routinely uses standard office equipment including phones, copiers, etc.
- Cognitive demands include comparing, copying, computing, compiling, analyzing, coordinating, synthesizing, negotiating, communicating, instructing, and interpersonal skills.
- Occasionally moves, positions, and transports classroom equipment, up to 20 lbs.
Reasonable Accommodation Statement
Arapahoe Community College provides reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process and/or during the course of employment, please contact Angela Johnson, Director of Human Resources, at 303.797.5715 or Angela.Johnson@arapahoe.edu.
All applicants must submit a resume, detailed letter of interest addressing the job announcement, unofficial transcripts, copies of certifications (if applicable), and names and contact information for three professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications as related to the duties and responsibilities of the position. To apply, scroll to the bottom of this page.
If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at ACCAskHR@arapahoe.edu.
This position will be open until filled.
Notice to all Applicants
- Final candidate will be subject to successful completion of a background check, and, if applicable, a motor vehicle record review.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System, or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in their application material.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within thirty (30) days of hire.
- ACC participates in the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, PERA-eligible employees are required to contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Arapahoe Community College participates in E-Verify.
- Arapahoe Community College is a tobacco and smoke free campus.
- Finalist must be willing to make Colorado their primary workplace, including for online courses.
Arapahoe Community College is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities.
We seek to respect, understand, and embrace the diversity of our students, staff, faculty, and the community we proudly serve. As a community, ACC encourages the richness of diversity and values the dignity of all persons. We strive to foster an equitable and positive learning environment that reflects the diverse nature of the people of Colorado and the nation.
For information regarding Arapahoe Community College Security, including Clery Act / Crime Statistics for the campus and surrounding area, please see the Arapahoe Community College Annual Security Report. For a hard copy report, please visit ACC Campus Police Department, Room AM2600 at 5900 South Santa Fe Drive, Littleton, Colorado 80120.