Performs varied financial, operational, information technology and compliance audits for Eagle Bancorp, Inc. and subsidiaries. Completes assignments in accordance with the Internal Audit Manual (derived from the Standards established by the Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA).
- Performs varied internal audit assignments of Eagle Bancorp, Inc. and its subsidiaries under the supervision of the Auditor-In-Charge (AIC) in accordance with the audit plan and consistent with audit objectives and IIA standards.
- Assists in testing for the Sarbanes Oxley Act compliance.
- Communicates the results and status of work performed to Audit management in timely manner.
- Assists with the planning of Internal Audits to address audit objectives through gathering sufficient information to allow for the evaluations of risk and determination the audit scope.
- Documents audit work clearly and concisely to support conclusions.
- Complies with the Internal Audit Department Charter, procedures and professional standards.
- Maintains a high level of professionalism when working with employees and other individuals required to interact with as a part of their assigned duties.
- Complies with the EagleBank Pledge regarding reliability, responsiveness, appreciation, competency and ethics.
- Communicates orally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Develops and maintains proficient audit and technical competencies needed to execute and complete audit assignments encompassing all complex systems and software.
- Assist with other projects as necessary and other duties as assigned.
- Skills to perform detailed research.
- Skills to be able to assess large amounts of data and critically analyze it.
- Ability to follow directions and retain information.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office.
- Ability to lift 10-15 pounds.
- Ability to travel, as required.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills with the ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Strong attention to detail while working in a fast paced, high volume work environment.
- Ability to communicate through standard business verbal and written media (direct conversation, phone, emails etc.).
- Possess time management skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates a commitment to Relationships F•I•R•S•T in all areas of job performance.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other related filed or equivalent work experience required.
- At least one (1) year of experience in accounting, audit, compliance, IT or in financial services with a professional firm or business required.
- Willing to pursue Industry Certification (e.g. CPA, CIA, CFE).
We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.