Graphic Designer responsible for creative execution of concepts and designs for direct mail packages and paper premiums. Create concepts, design and execute direct mail pieces whose messages are visually compelling and generate response; execute the creative strategy and ensure that projects are completed on established schedule targets. Produce final artwork suitable for production on various print platforms including flexo and conventional presses.
- Responsible for concept, design and typography execution of innovative direct mail packages.
- Develops paper premiums such as greeting cards, calendars, booklets, sticker sheets, gift items and other printed material from concept through to finished print production stages.
- Responsible for accurately updating repeat files for re-production across various print platforms as assigned.
- Collaborates with Creative Director, account teams, end-clients and production resources to identify project needs and design finished product to support the end-client’s marketing objective.
- Works on high-profile accounts that are complex, fast-paced, non-routine and vary greatly in scope.
- Demonstrates the ability to autonomously identify critical elements and alternatives to implement the most appropriate solution.
- Establishes priorities for assigned tasks for self and often works concurrently on multiple complex tasks with challenging deadlines.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with 5-7 years of relevant work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Must be able to apply existing marketing, technology, print, postal, and art licensing resources and incorporate new information, as needed, to implement the most effective direct marketing solutions.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment as either a design-team member or design-lead. Able to communicate clearly and courteously with those who need to know of decisions/actions/problems. Able to apply excellent business acumen and collaborative skills when resolving problems.
- Must be fluent in Adobe Creative Suite, Quark Xpress, Microsoft Office, and other technical tools used to complete design assignments. Able to mentor junior level team members in the use of tools and/or systems in the position.
- Position requires excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to articulate messages in a clear and accurate manner.
- Position requires precise attention to detail throughout every aspect of the creative process, including strong proofreading skills.
- Must possess a strong portfolio of imaginative work that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of typography and design principles.
- Able to demonstrate rendering and thumbnail drawing skills to produce concept sketches and working comps.
- Excellent understanding of prepress and printing fundamentals in order to produce printable artwork.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer