Vice Provost, Workforce Programs
Administrator & Management
Florida SouthWestern State College is seeking candidates for the Vice Provost, Workforce Programs. The Vice Provost provides support to the Provost in overseeing the professional and technical (workforce) academic programs by providing leadership and strategic directions for the Deans of the School of Education, School of Health Professions, and the School of Business and Technology. This position also works with the Provost to establish and implement academic policies and procedures for the Workforce Programs. The Vice Provost, Workforce Programs participates in statewide workforce committees and initiatives and engages with regional employers to design partnerships and internship experiences for FSW students. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for engaging faculty and staff in the College's educational mission ..."to inspire learning and provide the necessary support to students as they "Dedicate to Graduate". This is an executive on annual contract position.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Provides academic leadership for curriculum, credit review and assessment in the workforce programs. In collaboration with the Provost, communicates academic policies and procedures to the academic deans
- Represents the College at designated statewide and community organization meetings and maintains working relationships with other educational organizations, governmental units and campus area agencies
- Uses statewide and regional data to determine strategic directions for new workforce degrees and College-credit certificates. Supports deans and faculty in following College-wide, states-wide and regional accreditation policies and procedures for new workforce degree and certificate approval
- Participates in advisory committees and regional committees to establish a network of employ-ability partners and internship opportunities for the workforce programs
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education
- General business management experience that includes workforce and internship program development and experience in an educational environment teaching at the College/university level
- Ability to independently travel nationally and internationally for College business
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion.