Vice Provost, Student Affairs
Administrator & Management
Florida SouthWestern State College is seeking candidates for the Vice Provost, Student Affairs position. As the chief Student Affairs officer of the College, the Vice Provost provides strategic vision, leadership and direction College-wide for the College’s comprehensive student affairs division which includes adaptive services, admissions, assessment, career services, counseling, housing, judicial affairs, new student programs, student financial aid, student life, and student support services and programs. The successful candidate will demonstrate a passion for engaging faculty and staff in the College's educational mission ..."to inspire learning and provide the necessary support to students as they "Dedicate to Graduate". This is an executive on annual contract position.
The essential functions of the position include:
- Establishes and supports a culture within the Student Affairs Division that is committed to the success of students through administrative excellence and accountability, creativity, leadership, cooperation and teamwork
- Embraces the role of chief advocate and supporter of the students, College-wide student services staff, and student programs to insure our students every opportunity for success. Serves as a resource within the College to provide information on the many aspects of student services, special needs of students, and ways in which student success could be enhanced by changes in College, community, or state programs and policies
- Manages student recruitment and enrollment management through programs designed to ensure service area populations are served, including an annual recruitment plan, surveys, special programs, and other innovative activities
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Director, Housing and Residence Life in the development and oversight of the living-learning halls and robust residence life programming, to the extent allowed by Florida Statute
- Supports the College’s budget process, ensures financial accountability for all assigned student services budgets; evaluates the student fees schedule and recommends revisions to fee structure and expenditures as appropriate. Collaborates with campus student services leadership to insure inclusion and integration of campus needs as appropriate.
Please click here to see the complete job description.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in student counseling and personnel services, higher education administration or related field.
- Seven (7) years of professional student services administrative experience at a College or University in positions of increasing responsibility. Minimum of three (3) of those years must be at the Director or Dean level or higher in student affairs administration.
- Successful experience in the use of state-of-the-art student services and related systems such as enrollment management models and the use of technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness of services.
FSW Employee Benefits feature:
- Competitive health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance options to meet your needs
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, sick, personal, holidays, and winter & spring breaks
- Florida retirement membership (FRS)
- Educational and professional development opportunities for you and your dependents
Salary range: Commensurate with experience.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020
If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion.