Co-Op, R & D Product Engineering
Internships and Co-Ops
Provide technical assistance for a product engineering center in the development and industrialization of future products.
Summary of the Position:
The Engineering internship/co-op program will support projects and initiatives for the product engineering staff. As part of the team, the student will develop an understanding of the manufacturing processes and implement methods, tools, and documentation to improve the overall product.
- Assists the Prototype Engineering Manager with the procurement, scheduling, production, testing, and validation of prototype parts and components.
- Assists with the development and maintenance of operational instruction procedures for the assigned products and equipment.
- Assists with quality assurance of all products.
- Develops and implements processing aids to improve operator efficiency. Knowledge of lean production tools and methodology beneficial.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Enrolled in B.S. Engineering Degree Program
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to perform a variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Standard hearing, eye, and hand PPE as needed.
- Steel toe shoes required
Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen. No allergy to nuts. Must have the ability to work in a hot environment.
This position is located at 1 Grizzly Lane, Smithville, TN. View the Google Map in full screen.