The key function of the Application Engineer (AE) is to handle and solve professionally all technical topics of colleagues, distributors and possibly end users in the country or the Region, to ensure that the Sales Entity is able to meet its growth targets through excellent verbal and written communication. The incumbent will also have responsibilities in designing and drafting custom parts consisting in hydraulic cylinders, pump units, mechanical parts, multicoupler plates etc. using 3D (Creo) and 2D (Autocad) cad systems in a highly integrated global engineering system (Windchill).
Cross border (inter-company) communication is a prerequisite and as a result will make knowledge of the English language essential.
Application engineering responsibilities :
- Answer technical questions on Enerpac products to customers, distributors and colleagues;
- Technical support on site of our end users and distributors (instructions/startups);
- Conduct product training to distributors and end-users; occasionally to new colleagues;
- Preparation of needed documentations, particularly special products outside the catalogue;
- Cooperation and coordination with the different technical departments of Enerpac;
- Product designing and engineering (support);
- Clarification of technical specifications;
- Project Management of special projects in the Sales Unit;
- Support on complex and technical offers to customers until successful conversion into orders;
- Cooperation with internal sales and if necessary will operate as a back-up;
- Process incoming Non Conformities/ Warranty issues in the program Everest and follows procedure until finalized
- Work actively with the Oracle ERP system and the CRM software in place;
- Technical training of our distributor’s staff;
- Engaged with LEAD, a continuous improvement program within ETG Corporation;
- Support the Audited Service Centers .
- Creation of hydraulic (and electrical) schemes (Optional);
- Will adhere to the company’s policies, rules and other guidelines as mandatory for a public company in the USA.
Design and draft responsibilities :
- Make customer application evaluation.
- Make recommendation / confirmation of product being requested or offered.
- Ensure to provide cost efficient and safe design and development of standard and non-standard products.
- Close liaison with proposals and sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met, from initial enquiry to commission.
- Carry out and check design calculations to satisfy all aspects of design integrity in compliance with company design procedures and external design codes.
- Produce and check design drawings and detailed manufacturing drawings utilizing 3D CAD.
- Compile the necessary technical documentation to fulfill contractual requirements, quality procedures, design codes and statutory directives.
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Commercial affinity
- Understanding of industrial (distribution) markets is considered a plus
- Proficient in using CAD3D /2D computer aided design; Knowledge of CREO and AUTOCAD is appreciated
- Proficient with MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook
- A minimum of 3 years in a Technical Support position and well developed communication
- Fluent in written and verbal English communication skills is required
- Strong interpersonal skills, works and communicate well with internal colleagues and external customers
- Able to work to tight deadlines; excellent organizational skills
- Take full responsibility for completion of own projects
- Work well with minimal supervision; self-discipline and motivation