The job holder will provide support to the Technical Support Manager for the on time delivery of design proposals, development and technical support of standard and non-standard products.
Strive to continuously improve using LEAD techniques to remove cost, improve design and quality. The jobholder will support Quality Assurance initiatives with regards to design process and customer satisfaction.
- Technically and commercially evaluating customer requirements
- Carry out application checks
- Communicating with overseas facilities /customers / agents on a daily basis
- Liaising with the engineering team to ensure customer needs are properly satisfied
- Technical support Customers, overseas regional offices, service personnel, manufacturing & purchasing.
- Assisting other internal teams with best practice solutions.
- Assists external sales team by providing technical support and application visits
- Cost efficient and best practice solutions for customers – with maximum margin for the Mirage Group
- Close liaison with sales teams to ensure specifications and customer requirements are fully met.
- Recommendation / confirmation of product being requested or offered.
- Compile the necessary technical and commercial documentation to fulfill contractual requirements and quality procedures.
- Maintains and develops strong working relationships with existing customers.
- Delivers technical presentations as required.
- Ability to use business systems and the intelligent use of reports to manage enquiries.
- Be continually aware of competitor’s products and services.
- Participates in LEAD process improvement activities and uses appropriate tools – kaizen events, value stream maps, 6S etc…
- Maintains quality, safety and environmental standards
- Degree/HNC in mechanical engineering or suitable Engineering qualification with a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Proficient in using SolidWorks 3D computer aided design.
- Proficient with MS office applications, Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Sales experience in a similar market or industry (Preferred)
- Full UK driving license
- Prepared to travel as required